Praha (the capital of the Czech Republic) is so beautiful. Sometimes not perfect. But it is my hometown and I love it.
Curved bridges are always more interesting. I like the handsome roofed builing on the right.
The curve on the bridge must be to allow boat traffic, yes? I like the stone work here.
Is the island is in the middle of the river where it flows through Prague?
I seems it took a long time to build that bridge! Lovely shot :D
is there a lock under the bridge? marvelous shot.
Francisca, Luna Miranda: Yes, you both are right.EG Wow: The island is "in the middle" of the river. You can see how it looks here: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=50.076811,14.409145&num=1&sll=50.078666,14.410071&sspn=0.003883,0.011362&hl=cs&ie=UTF8&ll=50.078666,14.410071&spn=0.007766,0.022724&z=16
Beautiful stonework underneath the bridge and a nice slope to the bridge!
I thought that looked like a lock.Very nice.
Interesting bridge.
Curved bridges are always more interesting. I like the handsome roofed builing on the right.
ReplyDeleteThe curve on the bridge must be to allow boat traffic, yes? I like the stone work here.
ReplyDeleteIs the island is in the middle of the river where it flows through Prague?
ReplyDeleteI seems it took a long time to build that bridge! Lovely shot :D
ReplyDeleteis there a lock under the bridge? marvelous shot.
ReplyDeleteFrancisca, Luna Miranda: Yes, you both are right.
ReplyDeleteEG Wow: The island is "in the middle" of the river. You can see how it looks here: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=50.076811,14.409145&num=1&sll=50.078666,14.410071&sspn=0.003883,0.011362&hl=cs&ie=UTF8&ll=50.078666,14.410071&spn=0.007766,0.022724&z=16
Beautiful stonework underneath the bridge and a nice slope to the bridge!
ReplyDeleteI thought that looked like a lock.
ReplyDeleteVery nice.
Interesting bridge.
ReplyDelete