The video "Postcard from Prague" is moved into videos.
This video is from one Czech film - Smrt černého krále / The Death of Black King (1972).

Monday, 8 November 2010

The Chain On The New Town Hall Tower




This information is from oficial site (I can´t say it better): "On the east side of the Tower, there is a fragment of a chain, which was formerly used for blocking the street: this measure should have ensured a night silent hours to the inhabitants - especially the wooden wheels of the carriages were very noisy on the roadway."

Check other Macro Monday (or close-up) around the world.

5 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the chain... it really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucka, I enjoyed the story behind the chain. I am happy whenever the past is not completely forgotten and parts of it continue into the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of the chain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting detail and story!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails