The video "Postcard from Prague" is moved into videos.
This video is from one Czech film - Smrt černého krále / The Death of Black King (1972).

Tuesday, 15 June 2010

The Pump



This old pump is near Petřín Tower. I don´t think it is working, but I didn´t try it, so maybe... :-)


Zvětšit mapu

5 comments:

  1. It is an old pump. There is a piece of round leather on the end of the pump that goes part way down in the well casing. It might be very dried out and will not hold a vaccum with pumped. So you can pour clean what down the well where the rod comes out and that may soften it up so it will then pump up the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luckaa,this photo is suggestive

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find. It looks like you would have to have a bit of muscle to work that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have more pumps of this type in Prague. I can´t imagine, that I live in time, where I must use it...

    Abraham: Thanks for your comment, it´s interesting!! and it´s great to know something new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very tall pump! A town north of where I live has a shorter version in green (I think that's the colour) and it IS working. People go there for fresh well water. Only problem is it isn't well water at all but town water just like out of the tap.:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails