The video "Postcard from Prague" is moved into videos.
This video is from one Czech film - Smrt černého krále / The Death of Black King (1972).

Saturday, 26 June 2010

The Door



One of the doors to the Royal Palace at Prague Castle.

Check other The Weekend in Black and White.

8 comments:

  1. I suppose it must be a back-door, but I like the simplicity and composition of the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!
    Nice composition...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome!

    Such contrast. The door looks metal clad, and old. The steps are surely modern wood. And there's the blank window on the right...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the geometry in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would suppose that the Royal Palace has larger doors somewhere. This little door would be difficult to access, narrow and steep with no handrail. But it is interesting shoved over in a corner. Maybe it was added later for some purpose.

    I like your blog. I just discovered it today from the Weekend in Black and White links. Prague has always been on my list of places I would like to visit someday. From photographs it is a very beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very good shot. I like the time elements that Rune alluded to: old door in an otherwise modern looking setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have guessed this was a door to a castle. I guess this is a back door for servants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it isn´t the main door.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails